PowerApps Tips | Multi Image Upload
We have a customer who needs to take images and store them for future use in SharePoint, and show them in PowerApp along with Multiple Images. In the current preview this could be a challenge, but it won’t be if you keep reading.
Client needs a work-router — using PowerApps — to take a photo on their phone of machines at a site inspection. And store all images along with SharePoint items.
Current PowerApps release do not support images upload to sharepoint list, We can store images as blob into multi-line of column and can retrieve PowerApps, Which is not a suggested way.
Client also needs multi image upload on one list item. We can not store only one column per list.
One of the advantages of PowerApps is, it allows multiple connections on a single app. Below are the steps which needs to be followed to allow multi images per item.
1) Create an Excel sheet into onedrive with one table sheet. Table headers should be like
2) Upload Excel to onedrive and add connection to PowerApp
3) Add Camera control in ablank screen and update onclick property of camera control
If(CountRows(myCamColl) <10 ,
ID: SharePoint List Item ID //EditForm1.LastSubmit.ID
4) On Save button Functionality
5) Retrieve Images from Excel connection filter by sharepoint item ID